It's bicycle season and Monty would like to remind everyone to stay safe...
- Always wear a properly fitted helmet
- Stay on the very right-hand side of the road and ride in the same direction as traffic
- Be sure your bike is the right size and is in good condition
- Always walk your bike across the street
- Keep both hands on the handlebars, except when making a hand signal
- Always ride in single file
- Always yield to pedestrians
- Use a bell or horn to let pedestrians know you are there ...
The Wood Buffalo RCMP Detachment has launched the 'NAME THE BOAT' contest for the youth of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo!!
In 2014, the Wood Buffalo Detachment added a Jet Boat to their fleet of enforcement vehicles. The addition of the boat has enhanced the RCMP’s ability to search for missing people, enforce boating regulations, and given members the opportunity to educate the general public on boat safety. Throughout the spring and summer months, the boat can be seen conducting patrols and responding to calls for assistance on the various waterways throughout the region.
The RCMP are challenging youth to come up with a creative name and provide a rationale for their selection, the winning name will then be displayed on the hull of the boat. The lucky winner of the contest will receive an exclusive boat ride-along for themselves and a friend, along with a cool RCMP prize pack.
To pick-up an entry form simply visit the RCMP Detachment in Timberlea or any local school administration office. All entries must be submitted by the deadline of April 15, 2015. For further contest details contact the Community Policing Coordinator, at 780-788-4245. ...