MISSION, VISION AND VALUES
The RCMP is Canada’s national police service. Proud of our traditions and confident in meeting future challenges, we commit to preserve the peace, uphold the law and provide quality service in partnership with our communities.
To enforce laws, prevent crime and maintain peace, order and security.
Recognizing the dedication of all employees, we will create and maintain an environment of individual safety, well-being and development. We are guided by:
WOOD BUFFALO MISSION STATEMENT
To provide sensitive, responsive, professional policing service, cooperatively with the community, to enhance the level of security and livability in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, within a healthy work environment.
- We are a progressive, proactive and innovative organization
- We provide the highest quality service through dynamic leadership, education and technology in partnership with the diverse communities we serve
- We are accountable and efficient through shared decision-making
- We ensure a healthy work environment that encourages team building, open communication and mutual respect
- We promote safe communities
- We demonstrate leadership in the pursuit of excellence
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
- Unbiased and respectful treatment of all people
- Mutual problem solving
- Cultural sensitivity
- Enhancement of public safety
- Partnerships and consultation
- Open and honest communication
- Effective and efficient use of resources
- Quality and timely service