August 30, 2019
Fort McMurray, Alta. – On August 22, 2019, at approximately 3:00 p.m., Wood Buffalo RCMP located a stolen vehicle on a rural trail near Conklin, Alberta. Members located 30-year-old Mark Tremblay of Conklin in the vehicle. Tremblay was arrested on outstanding warrants, during arrest he became combative with police who then deployed a Conducted Energy Weapon (CEW). Tremblay suffered non-life threatening injuries as a result and was taken into custody without further incident. He was treated at hospital and released to police custody.
Tremblay has been charged with:
• Possession of stolen property
• Resist arrest
• Assault Peace Officer X3
• Possession of a weapon dangerous to public X2
• Possession of prohibited firearm
• Transport a prohibited firearm in a careless manner
• Posses ammunition while prohibited
• Posses prohibited firearm while prohibited
• Unlawfully possess controlled substance
• Fail to comply X6
Tremblay remains in custody and is scheduled to appear in Fort McMurray Provincial Court on September 9, 2019.
Wood Buffalo RCMP