August 1, 2018
Conklin, AB – The Wood Buffalo RCMP would like to share with our residents the results of multiple traffic checkstops in the Conklin area last night. The Wood Buffalo Municipal Traffic and Community Policing Sections paired up to enforce public safety on the roads in Conklin.
The following is a summary of the traffic related policing enforcement:
• Four, 72-hour driving suspensions were issued, due to impairment by alcohol.
• Four vehicles were towed and will be impounded for 3 days.
• One driver was charged for transporting liquor in easy access for the occupants.
• One driver was charged for operating a motor vehicle without holding a driver’s license.
• Several speeding tickets were issued.
These police officers are serving the community in a proactive capacity, and are dedicated to public safety.
Traffic Safety Information:
Under current legislation, an impaired driver will face provincial sanctions including a 90 day license suspension followed by 1 year in the interlock program and a 3 day vehicle seizure for a first offence. In addition, a conviction for the criminal code offence will result in a minimum of a $1,000 fine with a 1 year driving suspension.
Corporal Teri-Ann Deobald
Wood Buffalo RCMP-GRC