September 7, 2018
Fort McMurray, AB – Wood Buffalo RCMP would like to advise our residents the RCMP is hiring!
Do you have what it takes to be a police officer? Attend a career presentation to find out more about joining the RCMP. The presentation is a unique opportunity to meet with recruiters and hear real life career experiences from police officers who are proud to wear the RCMP uniform. A recruiting officer will also outline the process to apply, the benefits and rewards of a career in the RCMP, provide advice and answer questions. The presentation is on:
Friday, October 12th, 2018 at 1800 hrs
Wood Buffalo RCMP Detachment
105 Paquette Drive, Fort McMurray, AB
We ask that you arrive 15 minutes early.
If you would like to write the RCMP exam, please call 1-877-726-7472 or email RCMP.KRecruiting-KRecrutement.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca and be sure to provide your full legal name, your contact phone number or email address, and, when and where you attended an RCMP Career Presentation. The RCMP is looking for people from across the country to join Canada’s national police service. If you or someone you know is thinking about becoming a police officer with the RCMP, visit rcmpcareers.ca.
· Competitive salary and benefits: RCMP police officers have great salary potential and standard force benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance, and the best maternity and parental allowances in the country.
· Guaranteed employment after graduation: Once you’ve graduated from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Academy, you immediately start your career in General Duty Policing.
· Over 150 career specializations: After only three years of General Duty Policing, you can explore a vast range of specialized career paths.
· Paid cadet training: Cadets at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Training Academy receive paid training from their very first day.
· Travel and development opportunities: You will begin your career by working in Canada and may have the opportunity to work abroad in Foreign Missions, or in specializations ranging from Forensics to Cybercrime Intelligence.
· Pre-Posting: To meet organizational needs, applicants from British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba will have the opportunity to select their home province for their first post following graduation. The RCMP’s operational needs will continue to determine the exact location of a posting.
A career with the RCMP offers the chance to have a daily positive impact on Canadian communities while enjoying vast opportunities for growth and development in dozens of specialized units.
To do our job, we need highly motivated team players who possess strong leadership abilities from a wide range of backgrounds. A uniform with your name on it is waiting for you.
Corporal Teri-Ann Deobald
Wood Buffalo RCMP-GRC